Monday, June 15, 2009

Queensland - Beautiful one day...

...perfect the next!

OK, not sure if this is still the official slogan of Queensland, but it is certainly the one most remembered. I guess because it is so true. Sun drenched beaches, golden sands and tropical palms are but a few of our iconic Queensland images....besides The Big Pineapple of course!!

SURFER GIRL art print
By Twinkle Star Art

And in celebration of the glorious outdoor lifestyle we all enjoy in sunny Brissy we have put together a few items by our talented BrisStyle members, that embrace our sunshiny culture. So grab a pina colada and take the chill off with these Queensland inspired creations!

Diva Dress
By Little Diva

Palm Trees
By Hey Harriet

Vintage chenille kiddies hat
By Bubba Chenille

Baggy Shorts - Carp Fish
By Hot Fudge

Blue Sea Pendant
By Creative Artyfacts

13 comments:

Kawaii for You said...

What a beautiful post to remind us of the gorgeous state we live in.. Thanks for including my dress - that's still my favourite fabric!!

bubbachenille said...

Yay Queensland, Thanks for including my hat....

Jetta's Nest said...

Nice, sunny stuff...although, it did hail at our place this afternoon ;)

Unknown said...

ha ha yep that's our most well known jingle .. it's now 'where else but queensland' ... sorry I work for Tourism Queensland so I'm a bit of an advocate for the jingle and this great state!!

BrisStyle said...

... I'm missing our summer ;)

KH said...

Gorgeous post!

Helen said...

Ooh me too I'm such a QLD nerd that I named my latest range after our great city "Brisbanesque it's Kitsch-22 situation!"

Thank so much for the post gals as it really feeds my love for the sunshine state and these gorgeous goodies really shine!

xh

whynotstreet said...

Beautiful Queensland! A bit cold at the moment..Brrrr! Thanks for the post..gorgeous items!
Christine..

Amalou said...

Lovely post, makes me proud to be a Queenslander :)

Queensland has a beautiful blue sky at the moment, shame it's a bit cold to step out in a bikini ;)

Thanks for including my Surfer Girl art print.

BettsyKingston said...

After such beautiful weather on the weekend too!

Chrisy said...

We're soooooo fortunate to live here!...and have lovely artists here too!

Lillipilli Lane said...

I am sitting up here on the sunny coast hinterland and every time I step out the door I say "wow this place is soo beautiful"...Have the fire place on so nice and toasty..Nice artwork...really love the little strap dress - great fabric...

Hey Harriet said...

A lovely selection of Qld things! You mentioned the big Pineapple but there was no mention of our Big Strawberry. Do you not remember the Big Strawberry? Nobody does ;) It lasted all of 6 months...

Thanks heaps for including my photo :)