Saturday, July 3, 2010

Kitty Boo Boo gives the earth a big hug for BiECO

Anyone who is a regular shopper at the BrisStyle markets will know all about the fun and fantastic wares of Kitty Boo Boo so we're excited to find that for BiECO Katie is pushing the envelope to take her products to the next eco-friendly level!


"For these markets I wanted to really challenge myself. I have always tried to utilise as much of my offcuts and scrap fabric pieces as much as possible, however in the last few months I have been saving more and more of my smaller pieces after making garments in the hope that I can utilise these and create something beautiful instead of more landfill."


"I have been making baby bootees for a few years, and over the last year wrist cuffs for adults and kids from the larger pieces of remnants after making clothes. I've also been adding to my hair accessories with some gorgeous clips made from scraps that have been totally re-purposed and re-created. Along with these accessories are some corsages, chokers, bracelets/bangles and brooches."


"I've also re-purposed quite a few of the kids books (and some old maps) to create some bunting treasures that tell fairy tales in pictures."


We can't wait to see the new Kitty Boo Boo range only at the BrisStyle Indie Eco Market on Saturday 10 July, 9am-2pm at St Augustine's Church Hall and Grounds, Racecourse Road, Hamilton. BiECO is supported by Peppermint Magazine.

4 comments:

alipink said...

I am really looking forward to seeing your new stock Katie. See you on the 10th!

Bec said...

Can't wait to see more of these new brooches Katie. Your creativity is always inspiring and beautiful :)

Trish Goodfield said...

Love those baby booties.

shelleyberelli said...

Not many sleeps to go now! Cute new (and old) designs. I'll miss you at BiECO, but I'll see you at Twilight on the 30th!