Wednesday, October 3, 2012

{FEATURED DESIGNER} Pattie Murray


When I think about my dream fluffy, cosy cardigan, it has beautiful oversized pastel buttons.  It's something I can rug up in and read a book but not feel completely ridiculous in if an unexpected visitor turns up.  Well, I might not have the perfect cardigan (yet), but I have definitely found the perfect buttons!  Pattie Murray is a Brisbane based visual artist and designer who breathes life into ceramic and porcelain.  Pattie has something for everyone in her online store, from darling Christmas ornaments and earrings to the delightful buttons I have already mentioned; there seems to be no end to what Pattie dreams up with the help of her kiln.  Take 5 minutes to yourself and enjoy Pattie's story...

<3 Amanda 


How would you describe your work?
Well, deep down it’s all about form, surface and function. My daughter /market assistance likes to keeps a list of comments made at our stall ie:  quirky, beautiful, lovely, cute, gorgeous, delicate. 
How did your Etsy shop come into being?  To be honest, it was a condition of becoming a BrisStyle member in 2011. I must admit though I am glad to have it as customers are happy to know you have a shop whereby they can see what you’re up to.  

Who or What inspires you?
My family and friends are a constant source of inspiration and sounding ground. I have a love of the natural environment and fossils.


Do you ‘reduce, reuse, recycle’ as part of your creative process?  If yes, how is your art / craft eco-friendly?
Yes, I recycle any off cuts of clay, use recycled packaging and utilize solar power.  

Can you describe your studio / work area? 
My studio is compact and cozy and another 3 meters in either direction would be wonderful.  My favourite part of the studio is the two double hung windows facing a small garden and out onto the street. 


What is your favorite thing in the shop at the moment?
Oh, that’s I hard one. I suppose at the moment it would be my hand coloured buttons. The colouring of the clay is a bit of a process, but the finish and depth of colour is fantastic.   

Do you have any other places that people can view/purchase your work? 
Blog  
Facebook      
Pine Rivers Gallery, Strathpine
The Hub Gallery, Caboolture 
Coming Soon Side   Street Vintage, Hawthorne
BrisStyle Twilight Makets
Finders Keepers Market 3rd and 4th of November, Old Museum, Herston




No comments: